Saturday, September 17, 2016

Contemplating on my Life

Dear Reader,

This is my first blog. So, I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excuse my mistakes.

I am a Software Engineer by profession. Not that I always wanted to be one. I actually wanted to be lot of things when I was a kid.

I always wanted to be a Uniformed Man. But, unfortunately I could not clear my military exams :(

I also liked Physics and wanted to pursue Nuclear Physics or join NASA. But, I got caught up in the rat race and ended up being an engineer.

But, I was not forced into engineering. During my college, I took some programming classes and loved it. So, I decided I will take up Computer Engineering.

After a lot of hard work and stress I finally got my Engineering degree.

Now, I that I have bored you with my flash back let me just fast forward my life by 8 years. I want to take a look back and see what I really did once I became an engineer. Have I grown as a person ? Have I done enough as an Engineer ? Have I done anything for my family ? Have I done anything for the society ?

I guess I have become little bit mature. I have come to terms with how people around me behave. I have learnt to lower my expectations from people around me. It helps me to relax and feel happy. I guess when we expect too much from people we always feel hurt.

Also, I have lowered very high expectations from me as well. It helps me enjoy simple things in life. I have cultivated new hobbies like gardening, playing guitar, playing chess, watching movies.

I have been able to help my family financially and more by being with them at all times to support them. I guess this is the biggest thing I have been able to do in all this time. There is no greater joy than being surrounded by your loved ones.

I have contributed a small amount every year for children's education and encouraged those around me to do same.

So, I guess I have made good use of my life. Maybe by doing simple things we can end up happy after all.

Hope you were not too bored.

Keep smiling,
With Love,
Gunjan.

2 comments:

narendra said...

Hello Gunjan,

It was nice to know your back story. Sorry, I never bothered to know about you although we were sitting at the same place together for around 2 years.Anyways, my best wishes for your blog writing.

Narendra

Gunjan Khandpur said...

Thank you very much Narendra for your encouraging comments :-) It is never too late to be friends. Let's start over from where we left. Keep in touch buddy.