Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A simple lesson from my childhood

Dear Readers,

Hope you all are having a great day. It is great to see you again.

Today, I want to share with you all a simple lesson that I learnt in my childhood.

Lesson 1 - Work hard for success

I was in kindergarten and my class teacher Miss Shantha gave us a very tough assignment. That day we had to write the numbers from one to ten. Only the kids who would complete this herculean feat could get access to the play area.

I threw a long glance at the play area. My favorite red truck and Gi Joe figure was lying there. I was very bad at Maths. And, I could not even understand numbers till my first class. So, this task was like Mission Impossible for me.

But, I had a great level of determination and decided that somehow I would get to that play area. So, I took a look around and saw that one of my friends was writing the numbers very quickly and confidently. I decided to copy the assignment from him. I drew the numbers and soon we were done with the ardous task. We kept our assignment on the teacher's desk and ran to the play area.

I was feeling so ecstatic. We started playing a military game. We had barely started punching our Gi Joes against the Cobras when my techer called out my friend's name. My name was called next.

She pulled us by the ears and told that all the numbers were wrong :-) I was shocked and miserable. She made us write the assignment ten times and we did not get to play anything for the rest of the day.

That day I learnt an important lesson in life. We can achieve success only through hard work and there are no shortcuts in life. We should always develop our own potential rather than blindly follow other people.

Hope you all liked this small lesson. I would feel obliged if you drop in your comments.

With Love,
Gunjan.

No comments: