Thursday, October 13, 2016

Celebrating three decades of my existence

Dear Friends,

Welcome back!!!! Lovely to see you again. I am writing this article on the eve of my 30th birthday.

So, today I will share with you all my fond birthday memories from my childhood. As a kid I used to look forward to my birthday. I would ask my mom every day how many days were left for my birthday :-)

The reason was that I would become very rich on my birthday. I used to get very nice clothes and toys. Since, I was from a middle class family my parents would not be able to afford to buy me expensive gifts throughout the year. But, they would make sure that on my birthday I would be treated like a king. My mom would cook my favorite dishes and desserts.

I remember my elder sister bought me a He-Man action figure on my sixth birthday. I was so fond of this toy that I kept it safely for many years. Once I got a nice car (not a remote controlled toy which was still out of reach for me). I was playing car racing with my friends when accidentally my friend sat on the car and it got smashed. I remember how badly I wept that day knowing that I would not get another toy till next year.

There were lot of things that I wanted as a kid like a cycle but we could not afford to buy these things. However, I thank God that he gave me so many things even without me asking for them. It helped me to learn the real value of all the things in life.

He gave me a wonderful mom. She used to dress me up for school, cook for me, help me in my homework and do a million other things for me. My father always took care of all the financial burden of the house and always made sure that my studies continued without any problems.My elder sister always loved me and introduced me to the magical world of books. He also gave me wonderful cousin sister and uncle and aunt. As a kid I was too naive to understand the value of these people. Luckily, today I realize this and I want to thank all of them for being with me whenever I needed them the most.

I would also like to thank all the readers for supporting and encouraging me.

With love,
Gunjan

No comments: